KNP Provides the FOllowing Services to our Kearsarge neighbors
Help You Navigate Local Resources
Many resources are available to Kearsarge Neighbors in an emergency. Whether you need food, housing, fuel, childcare, help with moving, eye glasses or ongoing assistance. However, it can be overwhelming to identify which ones are appropriate and how to apply and be accepted.
KNP volunteers have experience working with these local organizations. We can walk alongside you to help you find resources – and our services are free.
Budget / Financial Review
Sometimes life throws too many things at us at once, leaving us wondering how and if we can pay bills. Our volunteers can help you understand your income and spending, prioritize your `bills and discuss potential assistance from other sources.
Cook & Deliver Meals for those Unable to do so
It’s important to us that you and your loved ones have adequate food, both short- and long-term. We can:
- Cook & deliver a meal for those unable to do so themselves
- Deliver food to clients of the Kearsarge Lake Sunapee Food Pantry
- Pick up & deliver your groceries.
Please call KNP at 603-317-5900 Ext. 1 to let us know how we can help
Phone Check In
We have volunteers who would love to:
- Regularly check in on you
- Be a friendly support person through a period of isolation.
- Set goals with you (if you’d like) to help you move through a crisis
Call KNP at 603-317-5900 Ext. 1 to let us know how we can partner with you during a difficult situation.
Delivering Wood for Fuel
We provide deliveries of split firewood for those who use wood for heating and are experiencing heating emergencies.
Please dial KNP at 603-317-5900 Ext. 1 to arrange a delivery.
Light Yardwork / Outdoor Repairs
If you are not able to do fall or spring cleanup, or you need a small outdoor repair, call KNP at 603-317-5900 Ext. 1 to let us know how we can help.
If you need help moving from a home within the Kearsarge region (and are unable to pay for a mover) we can call a “flash mission” of volunteers to show up at your house on moving day to load your small U-Haul truck.
- The truck should be large enough to move all of your belongings in one trip.
- You will need to arrange for other moving help at your new location.
Similarly, if you are moving INTO the Kearsarge area, we can be available to unload your small moving truck when you arrive.
- Note that this is normally a 2 hour commitment, as we are not equipped to help move larger households.