Our Kearsarge community has abundant local resources
- Andover Hub – gathering place for social, educational, cultural, recreational and economic activities.
- Belknap-Merrimack Community Action Program – Works with low-income families, the elderly and individuals with disabilities to assist in their efforts to become or remain financially and socially independent.
- Concord (Merrimack County) ServiceLink – ServiceLink helps individuals access and make connections to long term services and supports, access family caregiver information and supports, explore options and understand and access Medicare and Medicaid. Call 603-228-6625 or email email@example.com
- Kearsarge Regional Ecumenical Ministries (KREM) – is a volunteer, non-profit, ecumenical organization, established to meet the emergency needs of people in the Kearsarge-Lake Sunapee region when other services are unavailable. Please call either First Baptist Church (603-526-6511), Kearsarge Community Presbyterian Church (603-526-4800), Our Lady of Fatima Roman Catholic Church (603-526-4484), or St. Andrews Episcopal Church (603-526-6344).
- Listen Center Food Pantry – Food pantry is open to everyone. They provide one to two weeks worth of groceries, and personal care items.
- Loaves and Fishes – is devoted to assisting those in need. We respond to non-emergency requests for financial assistance to residents in our communities, regardless of religious affiliation. Primary types of assistance offered include utilities such as home heating fuel / electricity / phone; short term food and clothing needs; other requests on a case-by-case basis. Please leave a message on our Help Line: 1-800-978-6395. Your call will be returned in the next 24 hours
Food Resources (Short Term Food Needs)
- Brown Bag Breakfast and Lunch to Go – For those with children in the Kearsarge Regional School District
- Kearsage Kares (Backpacks) – For children needing extra food for the weekend. Please call your child’s school. School nurses fill bags every week, and bus drivers deliver the bag to your child’s bus stop. No forms, no requirements! High School Main Phone: 927-4261. Middle School Main Phone: 927-2100 (Bradford Elementary: 938-5959) (New London Elementary: 526-4737) (Simonds Elementary: 456-2241) (Sutton Elementary: 927-4251)
- Kearsarge Lake Sunapee Food Pantry – Food available to Andover, Bradford, Danbury, New London, Newbury, Salisbury, Springfield, Sunapee, Sutton, Warner and Wilmot. For more information please call the First Baptist Church office at (603) 526-6511.
Food Security Partners (Sustainable Food Security)
- Kearsarge Food Hub – Community Resilience through food security for all.
- Spring Ledge Farm – Providing our community with the best ornamental plants, fresh vegetables and fruits, cut flowers, sweet corn, and our own strawberries
Health and Wellness Resources
- Lake Sunapee Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) – Provides home health, hospice, palliative and private care services in 32 towns in Merrimack, Sullivan and Grafton counties
- New London Hospital – Resources including: Food, Advance Care Planning, Parenting Resources, Mental Health, Senior Resources, Virtual Support Groups and the like.
COA Chapin Senior Center – To promote, develop, and reinforce programs that support and enhance the health, well-being, dignity, and independence of older people in the nine towns of the greater Kearsarge area.
- Wellness check ins for COA members
- Free transportation within New London, Andover, Danbury, Grantham, Newbury, Springfield, Sunapee, Sutton and Wilmot
- Durable Medical Equipment lending program both at The Chapin Senior Center and the Andover Hub
- Foot care, blood pressure and flu clinics
Town Welfare Offices